What is section 212 (E) of the immigration law?

Section 212 (e) is a lifetime requirement in that it applies to you until the requirement is either fulfilled or waived. For example, if you were a J-1 student subject to the requirement, but then left and immediately returned to the US using as an F-1 student visa, the requirement would still apply to you even after completion of your F-1 program.

What is 212 E 2 year residence requirement?

212 (e) Two-Year Home Residence Requirement​ Many J-1 Exchange Visitors are subject to the 212 (e) two-year home residence requirement, which requires them to return to their country of last legal permanent residence for two years at the end of their J-1 program. This requirement is commonly referred to as 212 (e).

What is a 212 E waiver?

This requirement is part of U.S. law, in the Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 212 (e). If you cannot return home for two years, you must apply for a waiver. The Department of Homeland Security must approve your waiver before you can change status in the United States or receive a visa in certain categories.

What does 212 E mean on H-1B?

If you are subject to Section 212 (e), this means that you will not be able to obtain an H-1B temporary worker visa or US permanent residence (as well as L and K visas) until you have satisfied the two year home residency requirement or had the requirement waived.

What is 212 (E) of the Immigration and Nationality Act?

Certain J-1 Exchange Visitors - including J-1 students and J-1 scholars - may be subject to Section 212 (e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, also referred to as the two-year home residency requirement or two-year home country physical presence requirement.

What if I am subject to Section 212 (E)?

If you are subject to Section 212 (e) you may decide to pursue a waiver of the requirement. Waivers are granted only in certain circumstances. The International Center is unable to assist J-1 students or scholars with the waiver process.

What is Act 212-Section 212-Golish law office?

Immigration and Naturalization Act - Section 212 - Golish Law Office INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILITY Posted Jan, 1999 No claim for copyright is made to these materials.

What is INA 212 (E)?

The precise section of the law is the Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 212 (e). For convenience people often refer to the requirement by its legal reference as INA 212 (e) or as just 212 (e).

What is the Two-Year Home Residency Requirement? The two-year home residency requirement (or 212 (e), as it is referenced in the immigration regulations) means that those who come the U.S. in J-1 status cannot become permanent residents in the U.S., change status in the U.S., or get work or family-based visa status such as H, ...

What is the 212 (E) requirement?

Postagens relacionadas: